Gadstone Art Exhibition Entry Form 2019
The Gladstone Art Exhibition is an annual event mounted by the Gladstone Community Development and Tourism Assoc. Inc.
The 2019 Exhibition Opens in the Gladstone Town Hall on Saturday 14th September and Closing on Friday 11th October.
Open daily from 10am to 4pm.
The Gladstone Art Exhibition is affiliated with the “Flinders Ranges – a brush with art” programme, an annual art trail featuring art galleries and exhibitions located in the Flinders Ranges region of South Australia. Categories of artwork entered in the Gladstone Art Exhibition includes:
- Junior Fine Art: Original 2 dimensional artwork using any medium, the entrant however, must be under the age of 18years on the 14th September 2019.
- Open Fine Art: Original 2 dimensional artwork using any medium, no age restriction.
- Photography: An original photograph taken using film or digital format. No age restriction.
- Sculpture: Three dimensional artwork using any medium, eg. stone, wood, metal, ceramic, fibre.
- Applied Art: Any medium, must be of original design and have a practical application.
- Patchwork and Quilting: Any article employing these skills
- Fibre Art: An art piece designed with and made of fibres of any sort, genre or form except patchwork or quilting.
- Photos from My Phone: An assembly of candid mobile phone photos.
Prizes are awarded in all the above categories as selected by the judges. Any person may enter work in the above categories, entry forms and conditions may be downloaded from this site.
- Closing date for receipt of entry forms Friday 30th August. Entry forms may be sent to PO Box 1, Gladstone, or deposited at the Southern Flinders Discovery Centre. Entry fee/s may be paid in cash, cheque or bank transfer
- Artwork must be delivered by hand or courier/post to the Town Hall between 10am and 4pm on Wednesday 11th or Thursday 12th September or to the SF Discovery Centre prior to these dates.
Artwork that has been purchased may be collected after midday on 11th October or between 9am and midday on Saturday 12th October. Work not collected at these times will be stored at the Southern Flinders Discovery Centre and may be collected during opening hours.
Entry Fees and Commission:
A fee of $5.00 must be paid for each piece of work entered in all of the above categories. A maximum of 5 entries is recommended but additional work may be displayed at the discretion of the Committee.
Entry forms may be downloaded from this site or from the SFDC.
A commission of 20% will be charged for each sale.
Proceeds from the Exhibition will be directed towards art development in the community and cultural tourism.