GLADSTONE ART EXHIBITION
The Gladstone Art Exhibition is an annual event presented by the Gladstone Community Development and Tourism Assoc. Inc.
The 2023 Exhibition Opens in the Gladstone Town Hall on Saturday 9thhSeptember and Closing on Friday 6th October.
Open daily from 10am to 4pm.
The Gladstone Art Exhibition is affiliated with the“Flinders Ranges – a brush with art” programme, an annual art trail featuringart galleries and exhibitions located in the Flinders Ranges region of South Australia.
Categories of artwork entered in the Gladstone Art Exhibition includes:
· Junior Fine Art: Original 2 dimensional artwork using any medium, the entrant however, must be under the age of 18years on the 10th September 2022.
· Open Fine Art: Original 2 dimensional artwork using any medium, no age restriction.
· Photographic and Digital art An original image created using film or digital format. No age restriction.
· Sculpture: Three dimensional artwork using any medium, eg. stone, wood, metal, ceramic, fibre.
· Applied Art: Any medium, must be of original design and have a practical application.
· Patchwork and Quilting: Any article employing these skills
· Fibre Art: An art piece designed with and made of fibres of any sort, genre or form except patchwork or quilting.
Prizes are awarded in all the above categories as selected by the judges. Any person may enter work in the above categories.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE THE ORIGINAL CREATIVE WORK OF THE ARTIST.
· Closing date for receipt of entry forms Monday 28th August. Entry forms may be sent to PO Box 1, Gladstone, or deposited at the Southern Flinders Discovery Centre. Entry fee/s may be paid in cash, cheque or bank transfer
· Artwork must be delivered by hand or courier/post to the Town Hall between 10am and 4pm on Wednesday 6th or Thursday 7th September or to the SF Discovery Centre prior to these dates.
· Artwork that has been purchased may be collected after midday on 6th October or between 9am and midday on Saturday 7th October. Work not collected at these times will be stored at the Southern Flinders Discovery Centre and may be collected during opening hours.
Entry Fees and Commission.:
Additional Entry forms may be downloaded by clicking on this link. A fee of $5.00 must be paid for each piece of work entered in all of the above categories. A maximum of 5 entries is recommended but additional work may be displayed at the discretion of the Committee.
A commission of 20% will be charged for each sale.
Proceeds from the Exhibition will be directed towards art development in the community and cultural tourism